D. Common Dataset & Definitions
Local Partners within the Workforce Plus initiative have created
and agreed a Common Dataset and Definitions for employability. The
main output from this work is available for download through Di.
Common Data and Definitions V1.1.ppt (see adjacent). An
accompanying document - Dii. Common Data Standards.xls - provides a
more detailed technical definition of each of the data categories
contained within Di.
The range of data categories defined (at this stage),
- Client Stage
- Client Outcomes
- Client Groups
- Client Benefit Groups
- Client Perceived Barriers
- Client Services
- Client Background Information
It is quite possible that other data categories can be commonly
defined at a later stage.
These output documents were developed through the following
- A range of local WFP partner definitions were identified based
a series of local Management Information Output workshops
- A set of suggested definitions were created as part of a series
of background documents
- A set of suggested definitions were reviewed by WFP
- Draft datasets and definitions were agreed through two Common
Dataset and Definitions Workshops
This work has a practical application and provides a useful
starting point for any local area developing their Common
Management Information System.