Support for Employers
Fair Start Scotland is a free service working closely with employers to identify recruitment needs, tailoring pre-employment and in-work support that meets the needs of both employers and participants.
How Fair Start Scotland can help employers
- Provides a single point of contact that will take the time to understand the business and recruitment needs providing support throughout the process.
- Delivers a free full recruitment service which includes advertising, pre-screening, recommending applicants for interview and co-ordinating interview schedules/inductions/training days.
- Highlights any potential funding that they may be eligible for to support employees.
- Provides up to 12 months in-work support; offering a tailored package of support for the employer and their new employee; aiding with job retention.
- Provide the opportunity for businesses to demonstrate their social responsibility by showcasing commitment to a diverse workforce.
Find out more
If you would like to discuss how a Fair Start Scotland participant might be part of your workforce of the future, please contact FairStartScotlandPost@gov.scot
What employers have to say
"Fair Start Scotland has saved us time and money on recruitment, made it easier to tap into a wider talent pool, provided the opportunity for introductory sessions to potential candidates and offer familiarisation visits and work trials. Linking us to suitable candidates has allowed us to gain some truly valuable members of staff."Jimmy Urquhart, General Manager, Discovery Flexibles Ltd
"Fair Start Scotland provided excellent candidates who were the right fit for the jobs we had advertised. Their route to recruitment with Citrus was a supportive one; with the Fair Start Scotland provider continuing to provide support to those we have recruited. Fair Start Scotland helped us recruit excellent candidates in a cost effective, streamlined way, ensuring we had the right candidates for the jobs."Frank Sweeney, CEO, Citrus Energy